Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Greek Yogurt

In order to achieve my goal of changing my eating habits I'm going to have to try lots of healthier alternatives so I can figure out what I like.

The Laughing Cow Cheese yesterday (light french onion) was amazing. I'd only had the regular swiss version before and hadn't been overwhelmed by it. But I anticipate keeping them on hand from now on. I ate them with wheat thins yesterday, but I also think they'd be awesome with celery sticks, which I'm going to try later.

I've been reading on many nutrition blogs about Greek Yogurt. It's thicker than regular yogurt, but has no fats, no cholesterol and typically less sugar. Also, WAY more protein. (There is a small article about it HERE)

Healthy1 026

I wasn't starving this morning when I tried this one, but it was good. They aren't kidding when they say Greek Yogurt is thicker. The pomegranate was okay, but I'm looking forward to trying the strawberry version of the same brand. This brand is sweetened with evaporated cane juice instead of straight up sugar, for whatever it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment