Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Practicing What I Preach

Monday morning I sat in an exam room with my Dad while his cardiologist urged him to quit smoking. On the way home we argued a bit about the issue. But I realized later that it was pretty rich of me to get on to him about his smoking when I can't give up my own vices. Vices like obsessive soda drinking and over-eating.

Over the last few weeks I'd been feeling gross. My skin felt gross. I felt sluggish. Over the weekend I'd been seriously looking to changing some habits. But it was the doctor's visit that really sent me over the edge. If I preach it, it being the ability to quit addictions, then I should be able to practice it.

I'm happy to report that I've been Sprite free all day. Coke free since Saturday night. I had a moment at dinner where the fizz coming from my brother's cup sounded downright intoxicating, but I resisted.

After dinner I made smoothies.

8 frozen whole strawberries
1 whole banana
Soy Milk

This made enough for smoothies for 3 or 4 people. They were so delicious, I just can't figure out why I haven't been making them before now.

1Smoothie 003

No comments:

Post a Comment